Thursday, March 8, 2012

Music Talk Show 03/08/12

        Yesterday, I have been to a music talk show and the talk show host was Youngsup Thomas Shin. Yes, the host was not another person who has the same name as me, but it was actually me who held the show. I didn't want to tell my viewers beforehand in order to be a surprise and I wasn't sure if my show would be as successful as I hoped it would be. Nonetheless, I am glad to tell you that my show was really great and I want to share with my viewers what I learned from a life time experience of being in a musician's point of view or position.
        The theme of my show was telling the audience of the songs that help me through tough situations in life and help to become a bigger person. This experience not only gave me a closer step towards getting to know other artists for my project but also I got to on stage where lots of famous song writers started their music careers and somewhat be in there shoe.
        The songs that helped me become stronger were: "A Watchful Guardian" by Hans Zimmer, "Vienna" by Billy Joel, "Time" by Badelt, "Running" by SES, "He's a Pirate" by Hans Zimmer, and "Blessings" by Laura Story.
        Nonetheless, by doing this show, I want to tell my viewers that I have practiced the law of intellectual property on music. Last time when I went over the copyrights of the sound recordings and sheet music, what I have covered was that the sound recordings can be played publicly unlike sheet music.
        It was not only a great experience to have a show by myself, but also it was truly a different experience to play a song publicly knowing the law of copyright and that I am practicing it in front of my audience.

       

2 comments:

  1. Hi Thomas,

    You actually have your own music show? That's so cool! Good luck, and I hope lots of people view your show.

    -Jenny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny! It was really a wonderful experience. Thank you again of your support and I also hope you have a great time doing your senior project.

      Delete