Wednesday, February 15, 2012

What is Intellectual Property? 02/15/12


        I was very astonished by how little did I know of the usefulness of getting resources from my local library. I didn't even know the public library provides a database! Nonetheless, by using its database, I acquired two articles about intellectual property, and answering one of my questions; the limit of intellectual property.


        When I read Two Challenges To The Idea Of Intellectual Property by Laura Biron and "Limits in Intellectual Property Protection" by Vera Munch,  I could slightly grasp the limitation of intellectual property. However, I noticed that we first have to know what is intellectual property - before we question its border.


        Therefore, my plan was to find more articles and texts about intellectual property other than just the dictionary's definition. On the other hand, so far today I have failed to find an article explaining thoroughly about intellectual property, but I have found a very interesting and "intellectual" quote about intellectual property. 


        "If nature has made any one thing less susceptible than all others of exclusive property, it is the action of the thinking power called an idea, which an individual may exclusively possess as long as he keeps it to himself; but the moment it is divulged, it forces itself into the possession of everyone, and the receiver cannot dispossess himself of it."
- Thomas Jefferson
        
        Looking at Jefferson's quote, I thought to myself of how would I define intellectual property in my own words. I can't come up with it right now, of course, but I am not giving up yet! So until I find and understand the right of intellectual property, I hope my viewers to be patient until I write an awesome post about my explanation and thoughts of intellectual property.

No comments:

Post a Comment