Friday, February 17, 2012

Taking a First Step Towards Making Music 02/17/12

        For couple of days, I have not only been researching on intellectual property, but also been developing some Hip-hop beats. Even though I have put a lot of my time and effort, the beats are far away from completion. Nonetheless, I am currently working on my music based on couple of songs, such as "Beyond Monday" by The  Glitch Mob and "Day 'N' Nite" by Kid Cudi.

        "Beyond Monday" by The Glitch Mob is not a Hip hop style music, but rather a genre of Electronica, and Glitch hop: meaning that it is similar to techno except more similar to hip hop. "Day 'N' Nite" by Kid Cudi is a Hip hop style music. By incorporating some of their beats and style, I am currently working on producing a music that will use similar style drum beats of the song "Day 'N' Nite" and industrial music chorus beats from the song by The Glitch Mob.

        On the other hand, I am currently facing a problem of finding and using right software that would give me the similar or same beats that I want, compared to the song. The software that I specifically want is a program that can detect specific instruments played in the song and convert into separate sound files and then I can only use the drum beats. Nonetheless, if there is no software currently available the only way is to make the beats by myself, which is a harder work for me but not much of a big issue.

        In addition, I am leaving to Korea today to continue my research at my dad's University. Therefore, I think I will find much more software and information not only for music but also about intellectual property by using the university personnel and database.

2 comments:

  1. Thomas, if you need a drum machine or any programs like that, talk to me, I might be able to help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Josh! That would be great. I will definitely let you know if I need programs like that and thanks for leaving a comment! Hope your project is going well.

      Delete